Meet Lisa Baue
Lisa is the former CEO/President of Baue Funeral Homes Crematory and Cemetery, a leading funeral, cremation, and cemetery company from the St Louis region for over 32 years. She is a third-generation 43-year licensed funeral director and purchased her family’s business after the sudden death of her father when she was 33 years old.
Under her leadership from 1987 to 2019, the Baue family business grew from a small funeral home company serving 300 plus families, to encompassing four funeral home locations, St. Charles County’s first onsite crematory, a flower and gift shop, an 80-acre cemetery and cremation park, pet cremation services, a counseling center (the Center for Hope and Healing) and the Cremation Society of MO. During her tenure Baue expanded their services to build the largest Cremation and Central Care Center serving the St. Louis region complete with cremation, embalming, refrigeration and viewing options. Through these affiliates, Baue and its 120-plus employees served over 2,400 combined families a year. Lisa sold her business in 2019 to the Park Lawn Corporation due to a lack of heir continuance interest and to begin her new career developing a new company that serves the profession she loves.
Her desire after the Worldwide Pandemic was to continue to serve her profession by founding a business that helps owners and managers of small to medium size funeral, cemetery and cremation businesses grow and thrive. Lisa began her business, Your Funeral Coach, as leadership consulting company in the fall of 2021. She discovered there are businesses that are underserved with affordable coaching services that include private mentoring for owners, managers and key leaders who are looking for trusted resources to grow and transition themselves, their teams, and their businesses.
Lisa passionately believes that owners and managers 1st priority needs to be embracing a business model that focuses on growing leaders at all levels while delivering a high level of staff care, sound onboarding, ongoing training, and core development programs. Secondly, she believes it is imperative for businesses to deliver excellence in customer services and create educational and supportive programs for their communities.
Lisa has joined with her Collaborative Network Partners intentionally, who are passionate about helping business owners and managers focus more on ways they can grow and involve their staff, enhance their customer service, improve their marketing, acquire other firms, move into new markets, develop a key leadership team, and plan well to transition their business to the next generation. Unlike other consultants, all of Lisa’s Collaborative Partners are independent providers. Your Funeral Coach receives no referral compensation from her partners services, nor in helping businesses transition to the next generation or to sell to other entities. She believes that these trusted consultants are the best that her profession has to offer.
Lisa is also passionate about supporting women as they continue to grow in numbers and enter the profession. In 2021 she established a women’s scholarship program to attend the Funeral Service Foundation’s Professional Women’s Conference sponsored by NFDA. She hosts a women’s program annually for the Selected Independent Funeral Home association and frequently has blogs, podcasts and guest writers for her newsletter that speak about developing women as leaders, professionals, and owners. Lisa remains active in funeral service volunteering and philanthropy. She is currently serving as the first woman chair of the Board of Trustees of the Funeral Service Foundation in 2022/23.
Lisa enjoys staying active in the great outdoors, travelling and spending time with family. She and her husband Monte have four children, and four adorable grandchildren, Jaxon, Evan and Owen Devaney and granddaughter Piper Crabbs. They enjoy time with their two doodle dogs, Sandy and Mulligan and trail riding with their two quarter horses during their off time.
For more information on Lisa and the services she provides, go to www.yourfuneralcoach.com
You may reach Lisa directly at email@example.com
Board and Community Service
- Secretary-Treasurer of Selected Independent Funeral Homes (2017-2018)
- Board Member Selected Independent Funeral Homes (2015-2018)
- Meet the Mentors Speaker for NFDA 2013
- President of Preferred Funeral Directors International (2013-2014)
- Member of Hope Lutheran Church Parish Council (2011-2014)
- Board Chair of the Partners for Progress in St. Charles County (2011-2012)
- St. Charles County Athena recipient and member
- National Public Relations Press Liaison Committee, NFDA
- Certified Stephen Leader
- Member and Board Chairman of the Economic Development Center of St. Charles County (2007-2008)
- Chairperson, 2008 American Heart Association’s Heart Walk for St. Charles County
- Former Board member National Foundation of Funeral Service
- Founding Joint Committee member of Certified Preplanning Certification program, NFDA
- Founding President of the St. Charles Crime Stoppers Program
- Council Member (2000-2011), Past Chair of the St. Charles County Salvation Army Council (2008-2009)
- Current Member and Past-president, Rotary Club of St. Charles, district 6060
- Former Member, Oak Grove City Cemetery Board
- Chairman of the Salvation Army Tree of Lights Campaign 2006 and 2007
- Co-chairman for the Passage of the St. Charles County Home Rule Charter, 1992
- Co-chairman of the St. Charles Parks Bond issue and School Board Bond issue
- Past President of the St. Charles Business and Professional Women
- Past President of the St. Charles Jaycee Women
- Board Chair Funeral Service Foundation (2022-2023)
- Board of Trustees Funeral Service Foundation (2020-Current)
Honors and Awards
Lisa was named the recipient of the International Academy of Nobel Achievement Award in 1984. She was the 1986 Young Careerist for the Missouri State Business and Professional Women’s Organization, and an Athena Award Winner in 1993.
- 1998 Heroes Award for Mental Health presented by the St. Charles County Mental Health Council and Crider Center for Mental Health
- 1998 St. Louis Women of Achievement Award
- 2000 Honoree of the Youth in Need Celebration of Youth Event
- 2005 Leadership Award from the Dove Foundation
- 2007 Lifetime Distinguished Service Civic Award from the St. Charles Chamber of Commerce
- 2010 St. Louis Business Journal Business Woman of the Year Award
- 2011 Winning Women Regional Economic Development Award in the St. Charles Region
- 2012 Named one of the “Top 100 St. Louisan’s To Know” by Small Business Monthly
- 2014 Greater St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Years Award
- 2016 Community Living Volunteer of the Year Award
Meet your goals today. Schedule your complimentary, one-hour consultation with us now.